Aged Care Services
Health & Aged Care
The NPA Community Options Program helps elders and younger people with disabilities in the community who need support. It also provides support to elderly people and younger people with disabilities who need more care to keep them at home here in the NPA. Frail Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous people who are over the age of 50 years old are eligible to use the service. If you are interested in these services talk to your local mob at your Aged Care Centre to get started with referrals of your required service onto ‘My Aged Care’. Ume Elderly can get help for aged care service by a doctor, your family, the Community Options Project or any other community based service. The service has 5 vehicles of which 2 are wheel chair accessible.
Services that are available:
- Personal Care e.g. showering and dressing,
- Domestic assistance e.g. cleaning and laundry.
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Assistance with health care & medication reminders
- Help to get equipment like wheelchairs, walking sticks and other medical aids to support.
- Social Support: e.g. shopping, telephone calls, yarning.
- Transport: e.g. wharf, airport, dentist, health centre, hospital or shops.
- Centre Base Day Care: where morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea is provided.
- Safety – helping access to minor home modifications such as bedding, handrails.